Statement of Faith
- I believe that the Bible is God speaking in man's language,
and in the original writings is exactly as He gave it, word for
word without any error whatsoever. It has been preserved by God
to be the authoritative standard for every age and every life.
- I believe that God exists in three persons, the Father, Son
and Holy Spirit, that these three are eternal and are one. We
also believe that God is the sole Creator of the universe.
- I believe that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man,
that He was born of a virgin and that He lived a sinless life,
in which He taught and did mighty works and signs exactly as revealed
in the four gospels. I believe that He was crucified, dying as
a penalty for our sins and was bodily raised from the dead on
the third day as the scriptures declare. Later, He ascended to
heaven where He is Head of the Church and intercedes for believers.
From there He will come again personally and bodily and visibly
to this earth to set up an earthly kingdom, afterward to reign
forever as King in His universe.
- I believe that all are sinners and are guilty before God, and
as such are worthy of both physical and spiritual death.
- I believe that since in His death the Lord Jesus Christ satisfied
all the demands of God's law, redeeming mankind by shedding His
blood and assuming our curse, men and women can have a just standing
before God. That is, they can become true Christians. The single
basis for this standing is the death of Jesus Christ and an individual's
personal faith in Him.
- I believe that salvation with its forgiveness of sins, includes
the receiving of a new nature and the assurance of eternal life.
It is entirely apart from good works such as baptism or church
membership, but is purely by God's grace.
- I believe that a true believer cannot ever forfeit his standing
with God. However, sin may interrupt the joy of his fellowship
with God and bring the discipline of a loving Heavenly Father.
- I believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, that He is God and
has all the attributes of God. We also believe that He lives in
all believers and that by His ministry every Christian is made
to be part of God's eternal family, is marked off as truly God's
possession, and is specifically and uniquely gifted for Christian
service. The Holy Spirit also fills or empowers the believer,
in response to confession of sin and yieldedness, then He teaches
and guides the believer for effective Christian service.
- I believe that all genuine believers are together part of the
true Church, which in scripture is referred to as the body of
Christ, and that a local church is intended to be a visible expression
of this body.
- I believe that Christians who die, depart to be with Christ
in conscious blessedness. Someday Jesus will come again and take
away His living people from the earth. Then, all Christians will
have glorified bodies similar to His resurrected body and share
in His glory. They will reign with Him forever.
- I believe that Satan is a personality, the arch enemy of God
and our defeated foe.
- I believe that those who refuse the offer of God's gracious
gift of salvation are doomed to suffer eternal conscious separation