Rules for Laboratory Workers
1. When you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly.
2. First draw your curves, then plot the data.
3. Experience is directly proportional to the equipment ruined.
4. Experiments must be reproducible. They should all fail the same way.
5. A record of data is essential. It indicates you have been working.
6. In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
7. Do not believe in miracles. Rely on them.
8. Teamwork is essential in the lab. It allows you to blame someone else.
9. Always leave room to add an explanation when it doesn't work.